Thursday, February 7, 2013

Preparing for Analysis- Blog 5




I’m still not too positive about my topic yet but I’m thinking about analyzing a community of English Language Learners (ELL) and how they interact with other students, other ELL students and other students who English is their first language.  In order to do so, for my introduction I would have to explain my analysis, why I’m conducting it and what I hope to achieve.  I would definitely need to pose a question. Something like what social discourses in a classroom help students with ELL?

The way that I might go about doing this is observing at close hand ELL students in a kindergarten class during my junior field experience. I can pay close attention to how they interact with other students and the teachers in the classroom. How they pick up other lingo's from their classmates and what sorts of struggles they face.

I can also interview the teacher and assistant teacher in the classroom to get feedback on how the students with ELL fair in the classroom.
For my data I will ask to see if I can take a look at the students work, and I can also just observe how they complete assignments in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment