Saturday, February 16, 2013

Blog 7


After meeting with you (Professor Chandler), we came up with the research question, “What kinds of social interactions with native speaking students help ELL students fit in to the classroom?” I will be using this as my thesis statement once I find out more information on the topic. I will be studying a foreign student in a kindergarten class. There are different terms that I will need to define such as:

-fit in
-Native speaking
-ELL
-social interaction

I will also need to find ways to measure what I am looking for; measures of fitting in. I need to know how the teacher’s role plays its part in social interaction with the ELL student. I plan on using sources from the Google scholar website. I will collect my information from the kindergarten class where I am doing my junior field experience. I will study one subject and will conduct an interview with the teacher as well as observe the student.

No comments:

Post a Comment