Saturday, February 16, 2013

Blog 8


I really enjoyed meeting with the people in my group. I not only got a lot of feedback and ideas for my research plan, but I found theirs intriguing and can’t wait to find out how their projects turn out. I still have the same research question “What kinds of social interactions with native speaking students help ELL students fit in to the classroom?” In asking this question, I hope to discover that talking and interacting with native speaking students help ELL students fit in to the classroom. I hope to find that ELL students pick up social languages much easier than when they interact with their teacher.

I will examine my ELL students at different periods of the school day; at lunch time, recess, computer time and when they are in the classroom. I have to find out at those times, is the student talking with peers, does he only talk to a particular type of group of students, and does he only talk to one other student? When does he speak English and when does he speak his native language?

The methods I will be using are Ethnographic research method, and by interview and a literature review. I plan on using these references:





No comments:

Post a Comment