Thursday, January 24, 2013

ENG302901Ackumey

I am aspiring to be a Special Education teacher; therefore, I am interested in researching the various ways writing can be taught to children with special needs, especially for the early childhood stages. I want to learn about the different type of methods to teach writing to children with autism, and English Language Learners. How do children with special needs learn how to write? How can teachers explore and bring out their creativity in writing? I guess what I’m trying to say is that I would like to research the types of studies that have been done on this subject matter. I feel it’s already difficult to break out of the technical type of writing into the expressive, unstructured writing. What types of studies have been done about how children with special needs understand writing? Do children with various types of special needs have a writing process? Are there extra steps to their writing processes or is completely different. I guess another type of research I am interested in is studies on the social media type of writing and what scholars think of it. Is it accepted or is it not considered a genre of writing at all? I’m not really used to blogging or posting on facebook, twitter, etc… and I am curious to find out what types of findings have been done on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment